Paddle Prattle

A Public Forum For Paddle Related Discussion

Provided by The Monocacy Canoe Club

The message board is provided by the Monocacy Canoe Club (MCC) as a service to the paddling community. It is offered as an open communications forum. Some posts may offer useful information, others are best ignored, and others may fall somewhere in between. Most posts are personal opinions -- don't rely on them as "fact". Please visit the Paddle Prattle Policy FAQ link below for more information about this message board.

[MCC Main Page]..[MCC Cruise Schedule]..[MCC Smoke Signals]..[Paddle Prattle Policy FAQ]..[Email to Admin]

Paddle Prattle

Post a reply || Back to Paddle Prattle

2 openings for MCC West Virginia Week of Rivers, late April

Delete this post Submitted by Ron Ray <ronaldaray@verizon.net> on 26/Jan/2018

I have 2 openings for the MCC WV Week of Rivers, Friday night April 20 - Sunday morning April 29. Cost is $440. This is a pre-paid, by invitation trip with limited slots, so you'll need to get back to me if you're interested.

Trip format:
We rent nice ski houses at Timberline in Canaan Valley, and do day trips out of there. Multiple trips per day, you're pretty much guaranteed that at least one will be no harder than 2/3. What you won't find is folks interested in Upper & North Fork Blackwater or similar. Biking and hiking also available for off days.

We've got 5 houses and about 40 folks total, all good people to get along with, and we're looking for the same. You get your own room with double bed. Real heat, showers, kitchens, hot tubs... this isn't barracks housing or a rough hunting camp. You're responsible for your own breakfast & river food; houses group cook for dinner.

Most folks come back; many have been doing this trip for over 10 years. We usually fill the few open slots without posting, but this year we had a few more drop-outs than usual.

The two available slots will go to the first good candidates that pay, so if you're interested, don't delay contacting me.

Replies to this post

Reply to this post

Name:

E-mail (optional):

Subject:

Insert styled text: Bold | Italic | Underlined
Disable styled text

Insert smileys (Opens a new window)
Disable smileys